Texas Eagle's Shop Interview with Norma Brock
How did you get started and how long have you been selling for?
I started sewing around age 8. Opened my first studio in 1979 teaching ceramics & stained glass. Been selling off and on for 30 years.
What have your challenges been selling on-line?
Learning technical stuff
What is your favorite shop item and why?
Have you made friends from selling on-line?
Yes! That’s the best part! I love working with friends to promote and learn new things.
Do you work from home or do you have an outside office?
I’ve been an insurance agent since 1989 and now work part time from a home office, with a craft room there as well. It gets a little jumbled & crazy at times, but I wouldn’t change a thing!
How has your business effected your family life, positive or negative? My husband & I work together which is nice, and our 5 kids and 6 grandkids market & model for us, as well as critique our work…they are our toughest critics.
Tell me a little about yourself, family, work, your goals:
to be totally retired from our “real” jobs and move to the farm, travel, write an Irish Travel Guidebook, and open a Gallery/B&B/party pavilion on our farm where we can share our work and our world with others.
What influences your creativity? What motivates you?
I cant sit still. I have to have something in my hands to do, even if I’m watching TV – which is rare.
What’s your favorite place to get supplies?
Many items are upcycled, and I have half a century of supplies, but if I need something I check online first
To learn more about Norma and her Texas Eagle shop on Zibbet visit: http://www.zibbet.com/texaseagle
5. Send a care package. So many servicing don’t receive packages and would
appreciate such simple basics as baby wipes for cleaning!
7. If you see a serviceman stop and say “Thank You” and shake their hand. I’m sure it means a lot to be recognized.
8. Recognize our veterans! We wouldn’t be where we are without them.
9. If your able to donate some time at your local VA hospital or military that's terrific
10. Donate to a military organization, have your friends and family participate! For example, have a tag sale and give proceeds to organization of your choice
Semper Fidelis and Thank You from the bottom of my heart.
Just a few organizations to check out, there are so many
All photos were taken from http://www.freemilitaryphotos.com/